Years of Experience: 16 years
Hours of Experience: ~35k hours
Avg Hours Per Week: 60 hours
Entrepreneur & Business Owner: 10 years
Software Engineer: 12 years
Electronics Engineer: 4 years
Electrical Technitian: 8 years
Industries: Games, Education and Training, AEC, Vehicle Tracking, Automotive, Entertainment, Mining, Manufacturing, Electricity, Gas, Water, Waste Services, Information Media, Telecommunications
January 2010 - Present
- Responsible for business development, RnD, project management, sales and marketing, solution and software architecture on all internal project and client projects
Jan 2016 - Jun 2018
- Responsible for RnD on Deakin Scout’s indoor navigation solution
- Develop Proof of Concept (POC) mobile applications using Ionic/Angular Framework and Unity
- GIS using Openstreetmaps, Openstreetmap buildings, Leaflet, Google Maps, HERE Maps
- BLE Beacons for close proximity location services
- Create Server side services using NodeJS, Express and MongoDB (MEAN Stack),
- Design and Develop RESTful API
- Real-time event driven communication using Socket.IO
- Research and Development of Indoor wayfinding/navigation solution
- Face and voice recognition using Microsoft Cognitive
- Blender, InkScape for all 3D and 2D graphics.
- Agile Scrum using Jira
- Source control using Git (Stash, BitBucket and Github)
- Cisco CMX
- Test Driven Development using Mocha
- RAML API design using Mulesoft
- CI/CD with Visual Studio Team Services
- Deakin Scout - Indoor Navigation Solution
- Exceeded KPI each year.
Aug 2012 - Dec 2015
- Technical Specification Development
- Game Design/Architecture
- GUI prototyping and design
- HTML5 Game Development using Construct2
- Unity3D Game development using C#
- 3D Modeling and Animation in Blender 3D
- Graphics design using InkScape and GIMP
- Audio editing using Audacity and Reaper.
- PHP/MySQL RESTFUL API
- Agile project management
- Source Control using GIT (Github)
- GameChange5.com management platform
- Research and consulting for emerging technology recommendations
Jan 2013 - Dec 2014
- Game design lecture for 2nd and 3rd-year students
- Teaching Unity3D, C# and Construct 2 (HTML 5)
Aug 2011 - Jul 2012
- Developed and maintained ExcuFleet (Vehicle Tracking GIS Software), TEMS and Agility Lead Generator using C# .Net 4
- Designed Graphics User Interface using Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
- Developed data services using Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) for all SQL database communication
- Testing, debug and quality assurance on ExcuFleet and TEMS
- Source control using Team Foundation Server
- Developed Geographical Information Systems (GIS) interaction using ESRI ArcGIS WPF API for geofencing, geolocation and reverse geocoding.
- 3D Animal modelling and animation in Blender 3D
- Researching, consulting, analyzing and evaluating system program needs in an objective orientated using Microsoft .Net 4.
- Identifying technology limitations and deficiencies, risks in existing systems and associated processes, procedures and methods, code metrics, and software reliability
- Programming, testing, debugging and diagnosing in a the C# programming language within testing protocols, guidelines and quality standards to ensure programs and applications perform to specification and satisfy user requirements.
- Maintaining and writing program code to meet system requirements, system designs and technical specifications in accordance with quality standards as specified
- Writing, updating and maintaining technical program, end user documentation and
- operational procedures and Identifying new computer technologies for possible incorporation
Aug 2007 - Jul 2011
- Development and maintenance of SSE Communication (OPC) server using C#, WPF, VB6, SQL, Microsoft Access, CSV, DevExpress
- Detailed hardware design, circuit design and PCB layout of electronic products using Orcad
- The development of embedded firmware of various SSE products using Infineon C161-16 microcontroller and AVR ATMEGA168 – 8 bit microcontroller. C programming language
- ISO9001 Documentation, BOM’s and Test Procedures for the products.
- The QA and testing of the developed firmware.
- The development of the Domino product, which is a simulation Program with a Ladder Logic programming environment using C#/WPF
- Onsite and Offsite support for the complete range of SSE products
- Version Control: TortoiseSVN
- Electronic Packaging design using Solidworks, 3d Printing.
- Label designs Expression Design and CorelDRAW®
- Communication Protocol development: RS232, RS485, TCP/IP, GPRS, SMS, FSK, GSM Modems, OPC, SCADA, ABB, Alstom, HART, Modbus, XModem, CCI, DNP3
Jun 2007 - Jul 2007 (2 months )
- Supervision of Test Operators, Fault-finding and repair down to component level
- Anti-static measures – equipment testing and audits, Compilation of Test Procedures, Completion of Test Result reports and lists, Design, procurement, implementation and maintenance of custom test jigs and assemblies, Filing, issuing and general configuration control of procedures and result records
May 2005 - May 2007
- ISO9001 Quality Assurance on all Manufactured Electronic products either produced by SSE Production Department or by subcontractors.
- Factory testing of all new products as it leaves the production line.
- Fault finding and repair work on the complete range of SSE Electronic products.
- Assistance on the assembly line of enclosures for complete solution sets.
- Assistance in the general tasks and management of the QA and testing department.
Mar 2005 - Apr 2005
- Assembly/Testing of robotic equipment
LEE Mega Elec CC
Jun 2004 - Feb 2005
- Planning, assembly and wiring Distribution, PLC, Extruders and Caterpillar panels
- PCB repairs of WK 240 computers, SSD drives, fault-finding on various temperature control systems.